Preprint Article Version 1 Preserved in Portico This version is not peer-reviewed

Public Perceptions about the Impact of Climate Change on Human Health: A Study of Bangladesh

Version 1 : Received: 18 November 2020 / Approved: 19 November 2020 / Online: 19 November 2020 (11:50:37 CET)

How to cite: Biswas, B.; Roy, S.K. Public Perceptions about the Impact of Climate Change on Human Health: A Study of Bangladesh. Preprints 2020, 2020110509 (doi: 10.20944/preprints202011.0509.v1). Biswas, B.; Roy, S.K. Public Perceptions about the Impact of Climate Change on Human Health: A Study of Bangladesh. Preprints 2020, 2020110509 (doi: 10.20944/preprints202011.0509.v1).

Abstract

The main purpose of this research is to analyze the perception of climate change impacts on human health in Bangladesh through data from nationality representative surveys conducted in some district of Bangladesh. In Bangladesh there have a few research has been conducted on public perceptions about the impact of climate change on human health. A structured questionnaire method was conducted, and data collected from 615 respondents. The findings of this study reveal that out of 615 respondents, 76.0% of the respondents replied positively while remaining 24.0%, almost one-fourth of total respondents, indicated that they have not heard the term climate change before. Knowledgeable in climate change, 92.5% of respondents agreed that climate change has an impact on human health while only 7.5% respondents disagreed with this statement. 90.5% of respondents argued that they are agreed with the opinion that climate change is a serious threat to human health.

Subject Areas

Public Perception; Climate Change; Human Health; Bangladesh

Comments (0)

We encourage comments and feedback from a broad range of readers. See criteria for comments and our diversity statement.

Leave a public comment
Send a private comment to the author(s)
Views 0
Downloads 0
Comments 0
Metrics 0


×
Alerts
Notify me about updates to this article or when a peer-reviewed version is published.
We use cookies on our website to ensure you get the best experience.
Read more about our cookies here.